Sunday School and Bible Class
Sunday Morning education is back in “full force” this summer at Redeemer for ALL AGES.
Beginning June 6 th , we will meet in the fellowship hall (both Nixa and Springfield) for an opening large group discussion or activity. During large group time, we will introduce the bible story or topic for the week, read some scripture together, and have a little fun as well. This “large group” time will be intended for disciples of ALL AGES – from the very oldest to the very youngest.
Then, we will split out into smaller groups of different ages to dive deeper into the bible story on an age appropriate level. Adults and parents in bible study will be reading the same Bible story each week that Redeemer kids will be talking about. Our youth will have their own discussion of the topic or text as well. We hope that this will allow continued conversation at home about God’s word and work in this world!
If you miss a bible Study, or if evenings work better for you, the adult bible study portion will also be available each week on Monday evenings at 7pm on Facebook live.
THAT is how we will start making a difference in our families, our community and our world.
As part of our commitment to provide all members with a well-rounded understanding of God’s Word, we will annually provide at least one class in each of the following:
- NT Studies: A synoptic Gospel1, Acts or a Pauline epistle2, John or a general epistle3
- OT Studies: History4, wisdom & poetry5, prophecy6
- Theological Foundations: Doctrine overview, the confessions, a Lutheran teaching
- Life Application: Witnessing, personal devotional life, coping skills
- Theological Topics: History, current issues, other religions
- Relationship Application: Parenting, marriage, living single
Every three years: Genesis or Exodus, John, Romans or Galatians, NT Overview, OT Overview, Hermeneutics, Reformation History
- Synoptic Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke
- Pauline Epistles: Romans – Philemon
- General Epistles: Hebrews – Revelation
- History: Genesis – Esther
- Wisdom: Job - Song of Solomon
- 6Prophets: Isaiah – Malachi
Springfield Campus Current Classes
Leader: Tom Benson
Location: Room 116 (6th Grade)
This letter by the Apostle John is often looked at with confusion and fear – but it was actually written to bring comfort and assurance to God’s people. Come learn the true meaning of Revelation and be filled with joy!
Nixa Campus Current Classes
"Journey from Unbelief to Faith"
Sundays 9:30 AM - Through the end of February
In this new year, as we celebrate our baptismal identity in Christ Jesus, we are beginning a 4 week Study on Sunday mornings at the Nixa campus. Join us as we hear the stories of 4 different individuals who were deep in the darkness of unbelief, but who by the grace and mercy of God came to faith in the light of the world - Jesus himself. As we hear about their journeys, we are sure to learn more about our own journey of faith as well. See you all this Sunday!